Sunday, December 31, 2017

More With Less

If you haven't finished with last year's resolutions, you'd better hurry. There will be NO leap second inserted at the end of 2017.

My resolution for last year was to get rid of any clothes I didn't wear in the course of the year. I have a pretty good pile going and I had better get it donated today because I probably won't be able to claim the deduction next year. (I expect a lot of people will be making donations today for that reason.)

Next year, I want to get rid of even more stuff. The idea came to me the last time I went on a two-week trip and lived quite comfortably out of a small suitcase. I know people who have to pack large suitcases for short weekends just so every contingency is covered, wardrobe-wise. Yet, it seems to me that with some planning, one can cover the bases with fewer, more versatile wardrobe selections.

I've found a couple of websites that offer advice on what constitutes the perfect wardrobe. The secret seems to be having a theme - basically, a color scheme. Stick to the theme and you should be able to make endless combinations with fewer pieces. Plus, less thinking.

Egads! With the clock ticking on the rest of 2017, my goal should really be to get off my rear end and do - well, something. I've been enjoying my day off today with some abandon - as in, I've abandoned getting anything done. Tick, tock - before the year is over, there are a few things left to do. None of them worth mentioning but all necessary to the function of living one's life.

So, without further ado, since we've had far too much of that, Happy New Year! May your resolutions for the new year be far more interesting and energetic!

No comments: