Thursday, December 14, 2017

Journal Entry 12/14/17

So far, so good on the Holiday To Do list. I’m on schedule with the exception of the baking of cookies. I didn’t bake them on Monday so will bake today along with making the vegetable curry.

While I was at the grocery store, getting this week’s supplies, I came across a particular package of grated cheese. The labels of most grated cheese packages show measurements of 2, 3, or 4 cups. This one measured 1 ⅞ cups. Good to know, if I ever have recipe that calls for “almost two cups.”

Yesterday, I baked several dozen cookies in Bellevue and replenished my jolly. Even with the six-hour round trip commute, I was left with enough jolly to decorate our tree (really, a leafy plant) and hang the stockings. The stocking hangers which normally spell PEACE now spell APE EC but close enough. (Hubby hung them and he's not ever jolly.)

On my commute, I came to a traffic light behind a car with a bumper sticker that read “I (heart) Taxes.”

What doe the phrase, “spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss” mean? If they weren’t authorized, why were they speaking? Whoever that guys is speaks out of turn a lot.

Today, I saw a house being pushed by a tug up the Columbia River.

In a rare, non self serving move, Hubby washed my bras. (He's more fond of hiding them.)

No comments: