Thursday, October 16, 2014

October 16

Ah, feel that? That's the relaxed feeling of having enough time for a second cup of coffee. Of being able to sleep late but choosing not to because you want to enjoy a little extra time to lounge around in your jammies and read a book. It's what it feels like to go to work and know you don't really have to get any work done. It's the day after tax season (the extended version) and it feels so good.

You know what else feels good? Finding an upside to working in two different cities: I need half as many clothes. Sure, you might see that as a downside but think of this: Half as much laundry. Half as much ironing. For example, I can wear one outfit on Monday in one city and then wear the exact same thing on Tuesday in the next city. If I worked in five cities, all I'd ever have to change is my underwear.

Think about that the next time you ask me, "So, when did you get back in town?"

No comments: