Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Dracula Soft On Blood, Favors Cookies!

I know it's a little early to think about this but you know how the Girl Scouts like to camp outside grocery stores to guilt you into buying cookies whenever you happen to also need milk? Where I live, this happens from mid-January to mid-February - right after the New Year, ending on Valentine's Day - just in time to go into a sugar-induced coma to ride out your winter hibernation. In fact, if you haven't already ingested enough calories by January 15, you can download the Official Girl Scout Cookie Finder Mobile App to ensure your fix.

This cookie season, I'm going to offer $100 to the first Girl Scout I see outside my favorite grocery store to move her little cookie stand over to the blood bank to hand out cookies for free. How many cookies is that? Ten boxes? Twenty? I'll help hand them out myself - the first 10-20 people to give blood on a certain date in the 2015 cookie season gets a free box of cookies! (And then you can thank me that you're able to get your milk hassle-free.)

By the way, if you are a member of an organization that would like to organize a blood donation at your place of employment or - ahem - moorage, I'll personally bake the cookies myself and bring them right over. I'll even help you arrange to get the blood mobile to your location.

Hey - how's this for a Halloween costume idea for a couple: He goes as Dracula and she goes as a Girl Scout?

No comments: