Friday, September 25, 2026

Look at what my husband gave me!

 

Happy Anniversary!
His timing was perfect. I was just coming home from Costco (from whence the flowers were purchased) and he was just coming home from an appointment. We arrived in garage at the same time.

"Perfect timing," I said as I handed him the flowers. "You can give these to me."

He looked at them, smelled them, and then handed them back to me saying, "Happy Anniversary!" 

It will be 37 years on Monday so I have the experience to know that if I wanted flowers, I was going to have to get them myself. Besides, he's been super busy so I know he has given our Anniversary little thought.

He'll be "giving" me flowers again on Valentine's Day this year because, guess what? Valentine's Day is the same day as the Super Bowl this year. Incidentally, that's also the same day as I'm participating in a half marathon so maybe he'll get me two dozen.


No need to feel sorry that I have to self-supply the roses. He gets to pay the credit card bill. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cupcake. Happy Anniversary! Ours was yesterday. 38 years! A long time lol. Love the way he gets you flowers, I might have to start doing that.