Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Nothing like a list to make me do nothing.

As if sensing that Id' be required to do chores, I developed a sudden case of wanderlust. I was driving home from an early morning appointment on Friday and thought, "Why not keep going?" I could be in another state in four hours.

Hubby had been making a list for Home Depot. I didn't even know what was on the list but I figured it could only mean one thing: home work.

As I considered travel as a means of avoiding the list, I remembered Hubby had an appointment that afternoon and I had to be back bright and early on Monday morning. 

I started to consider closer destinations. There were coastal cities only a couple of hours away. Both offered cooler temperatures and a plethora of entertainment and dining options. Only an hour away was a mountain town that promised slightly cooler temperatures and an event that featured beer.

Beer was more motivational than the list so we headed into the hills. The temperatures were not that much cooler and the beers were served in cans. Later, we found a winery with a parking lot turned patio under a parachute tent. The two-person band that played reminded me a little of some of the characters in The Righteous Gemstones. They were earnest but just off the mark.

It wasn't much but it was enough to satisfy my wanderlust and, more importantly, whatever was on the Home Depot list.

The next day, we went to Home Depot where we bought a plunger. 

You can just imagine what was on the to-do list.

No comments: