Thursday, November 28, 2019

Ashes to Ashes, Pajamas to Pajamas

I didn't used to spend all my time in my pajamas. I used to don my workout gear straightaway upon rising. It seemed more efficient to get my sweating done before showering and dressing. Some people do it the other way around, working out after their day's labor requiring a costume change and, perhaps, another shower.

And so it is that I spend most of my day in my pajamas. I still work out but now I do it later in the day. This turn of events was my downfall. Why should I get dressed for work (which, for me, is down the hall from my bedroom) only to change my clothes later? It's better to stay in my pajamas.

However, the longer I wait to work out, the shorter the remaining time I spend in something other than pajamas. It could be four or five o'clock before I've finished my workout, had a shower, and changed to street clothes (assuming I will leave the condo to see actual people). I'll meet with friends and be home by eight, changing back into pajamas to read a good book or watch TV. 

This must not go on. I must either get dressed for work and change for my late afternoon workout or (and I'm favoring this idea) I need to move my office into my bedroom.

No comments: