Sunday, May 27, 2018

Starbucks to Stop Selling Coffee

I get emails from Starbucks on a near daily basis and not once did they mention they would discontinue selling French Roast coffee in their retail stores.

A barista told me this news as I was attempting to stock up on coffee beans. Sold out, he told me. Forever. Systemwide.

Yet, on one site, Starbucks describes their French Roast as something they are "particularly proud of."
" It takes an adventurous palate to appreciate this coffee’s blunt flavors. In fact, French Roast is one coffee that people seem to either love or hate. There is no in-between here. "
Believe me, I know not everyone likes French Roast or even Starbucks for that matter but I am hooked on the stuff. There are several local roasters I could choose from and I probably should. I like my beer local; I should spend the time to get my local roasters. The closest is only a mile away.

Apparently, the news has been out there for at least a month, according to the reviews on this page which also describes French Roast as "smoky and singular, the pure, explosive flavor of our darkest roast." Yet it comes as a shock to me. Like these reviewers, I have been buying French Roast for so long, I can't remember buying anything else. And, I drink a lot of coffee.

Perhaps it will still be available in grocery stores but, if so, Starbucks hasn't mentioned it to me.

No comments: