Sunday, December 11, 2016

Another disaster narrowly avoided!

It is our custom when we travel that Hubby makes the coffee but this morning I got up first. In an attempt to be self-sufficient, I made the first cup of coffee in the single-cup, in-room coffee maker.

I thought I was doing Hubby a favor by letting him rest from his travel duties but the gurgle of the machine and the smell of coffee woke him. As he padded around the room, he brought me my now-finished coffee and started preparations of his own.

A few moments, later, just as I was about to take my first sip, he snatched my cup away from me. In my addled state, and still dark hotel room, I had made decaf, he explained. That sip of coffee could have led to a full day's disaster. But for the careful inspection of the disposed coffee wrapper by my ever vigilant husband, this day could have turned out quite differently.

Let that be a lesson. Don't get out of a hotel bed until the coffee is ready. It just isn't safe.

3 comments:

ARHuelsenbeck said...

Hotel room coffee isn't safe. Free coffee isn't safe. Stay home where the coffee is good.

bozoette said...

Whew! Crisis averted!

Melanie said...

We travel with our own coffee since our brand isn't sold anywhere - Community COffee is a Louisiana thing. Husband forgot ours on our last trip to Orlando which led to cranky mornings.