Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Voted today. Did you?

I wrote in two names. One was mine for the position of Director of District No. 2, Renton School District No. 403 after I read the unopposed incumbent's statement:
We establishes a structure which local circumstances creates an environment designed to ensure all students the opportunity to attain their maximum potential through a sound organizational framework.
This guy doesn't need to be anywhere near a school district.

The other was my friend, Tim, for County Sheriff. Actually, I first thought to write in his wife, Kris, because I think she would do a better job. But the idea of Kris with a gun scared the crap out of me so I put in Tim's name because Tim's more likely to hurt himself than someone else and he'd  probably do a better job than the guy who's doing it now.

A wise sage once said, "If you trade in yours, I'll trade in mine." He wasn't referring to these local elections but was thinking ahead two years. Let's just replace them all, he said.

I'm in.

We don't have to agree on politics. We don't even have to agree on who should take their places. All we have to agree on is that the ones who are there need to go.

So, I'm in. I'll fire mine if you fire yours. In fact, I'm up for firing mine even if you don't. I don't care who the incumbent is or how well he writes his statement. S/he's behaving badly and s/he needs to be put in Time Out.

Who's with us? I say we do this thing.

No comments: