Friday, January 21, 2011

Catching Up

It's been a busy week between grandparenting and, you know my real job. Today I'm hanging out at the mall and avoiding the rain. Today also marks the 32nd consecutive day of walking. For the most part I've been able to do my walking outside which is how I prefer to do it even if it is raining. I took advantage of a ride going my way and ended up at the mall with all the senior citizens who walk the circuit before the shops open. I walked forty minutes while listening to most of a podcast regarding tax law changes.

It's not as dull as it sounds. I got a call from my brother who arrived in WA this morning. I am at this moment about an hour and a half from where he is. Cool.

I am taking a post walk coffee and muffin break contemplating when I'll get to see him while posting this entry and managing my various electronics. For power management purposes I listened to the tax podcast and am posting from the iPod rather than the phone since. I dont have access to my charger. The phone is on standby ready to receive texts, email and, of course, phone calls. Very geeky.

I have my rain gear in my backpack so after a quick check at Macy's for any sales that are too good to reasonably ignore, I'll don my gear and head back home on foot.

The only other news to report is that two spaces are not required after a period and that "rule" is, in fact, wrong. This information rocked my world so I checked three reliable sources (including the Chicago Manual of Style) to verify this is true. It is true but I can't help it. This will be a difficult habit to break. And I can starts sentences with "and" and end them with "with." To what is this world coming?

No comments: