Thursday, May 6, 2010

After Midnight

This song, sung by Eric Clapton, was on the radio as I drove home today in the sunshine. Top down, baby. Thing is, I've been crazy busy the last few days logging close to 300 miles carpooling, or rather schlepping, people to and from work, school, daycare, and one trip to the airport. Was there sun the last 300 miles? No. In fact, I got hail dumped on me Tuesday night - enough for an inch of the stuff to pile up on my wipers and nearly obliterate my plastic rear windshield of my little convertible. Poor thing.

Tonight, I've been relived of duty. No ferry service today - and the sun is out! The top is down and I've got nowhere to go! Argh! Anybody need a ride somewhere? Anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on leaving carpool purgatory! Srsly! Been there, hate that. I hope you just CRUISED around all day. I'd like to think of you driving with the top down on your way to a groovy ice cream shop ordering a little Chocolate Chip Mint ice cream--my ABSOLUTE fave btw! As you know, I'm always up for a road trip!

Lynn C Dot said...

Right on. How was your move? All settled in?