Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Still Here

Nothing will stagnate a blog more than not updating it. So, here I am blowing off the dust a little.

I've been busier than I generally like to be this time of year but driving back and forth between Seattle and Portland takes up a lot of my time. And then there's work that I'm trying to squeeze in. You know, making a living. And, lest we forget, goofing off. Practically no time for that although we are managing to do more boating this year. Sounds relaxing, and it is, but there's a certain amount of work to that as well. It's a bit like having three houses and trying to manage your time between all three.

My refuge right now, my moments of tranquility, include knitting and reading. The drive between Seattle and Portland is about two and a half hours by car and about three hours by bus or train. Knitting is a productive yet tranquil activity that allows me to be sociable at the same time. I started an afghan but switched to knitting little pink things for a granddaughter that will be born in September. I'm just finishing a little pink cap and will be starting on a little pink sweater.

I look forward to knitting, even if I'm not traveling. I like to knit during that time between work and starting dinner. I find it relaxing as well as rewarding. I like creating things.

I just finished Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, a good story and funnier than I remember, and just started The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, which is even funnier. Of course, I had read both before but a long time ago. I'm really enjoying Mark Twain's sense of humor, voice, and style. Always good to go back to the classics from time to time.

I've updated the public document a little with additional story notes and ideas for the next Now & Then adventure. The drive between Seattle and Portland provides ample time for generating ideas. In my knitting bag, I carry a spiral bound notebook with more ideas that I haven't transcribed yet. Hell, I'm goofing off now - I might as well keep going and get it done while I'm thinking of it.

Well, it's time for me to jump in the shower, get dressed, and make my mid-morning latte. After that, I'll probably get some things done at work and then maybe update my Now & Then file before hitting the road.

Today's a travel day which means not much work but I get to knit.

I'll try to stop by here more often.

No comments: