Tuesday, September 16, 2014

It's already too late . . .

. . . if I have to make a list.

Really, the only reason to make a list is to keep from forgetting something. Or, more specifically, multiple somethings. Like, I need to remember to take out the garbage tonight. Later, I might think, I should pick up the mail while I'm out there.

So far, so good. But then I remember, I forgot to start the dishwasher this morning. I need to do that first thing when I get home. Better start a list . . . .

By the time I jot down dishwasher, I've forgotten at least one of the other two things I was trying to remember. And don't tell me I should just be better about keeping lists because I would just forget where I put all those lists.

And then I would need a list for that.

Two is my limit. When I have to remember three things, you'll be lucky if I remember what we were talking about in the first place.

No comments: