Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Feed Your Local Accountant

I was going to start a campaign right around April 1st to encourage you to bring your favorite accountant something to eat. Think of it as The Twelve Days of Christmas except in April while you're contemplating getting your taxes done. Each day, I would provide you with a helpful hint from my personal list of favorite things. For example, April 1st could be Bring Your Accountant Ice Cream Day, followed by cookies on the 2nd, and so on.

As it happens, I may not need to send the memo. Today, someone brought me a latte and someone else brought me banana bread, and someone else bought chocolate chip cookies (and potato chips) for the entire office. I might not even have to break into the emergency chocolate reserve today.

You know, it's no coincidence that Girl Scout cookie sales coincide with the beginning of Tax Season. But the cookies are long gone so I suggest you keep that in mind before you think about bringing your taxes to your accountant because she is starting to lose her mind.

But for today, this accountant is on a caffeine and sugar high that should last until .... zzzzzz.

No comments: