Thursday, March 21, 2013

Coffee, blah blah

So, guess what? Today's topic is coffee. Novel, eh?

Actually, the topic is coffee makers which is only marginally more novel.

This is what mine looks like:


I've had it for roughly ten years. It still works like a champ and makes excellent coffee. I've seen used ones  on E-Bay from $75-$125 and Amazon  at $175. I don't remember what I spent on mine but, whatever it was, I got my money's worth.

 It was marketed as the Starbucks Barista Home Espresso Machine a decade ago - a rebranded Saeco machine. The closest thing to it now is the Saeco Via Venezia machine and if it works as well as my Starbucks Barista machine then that's the one to get.

There's nothing automatic about this machine. There's no timer to brew just as you're getting out of bed. You can only make one deliciously fresh cup of coffee at a time. And, if you choose to have one, the coffee grinder is separate. (Another topic, but burr grinder is the way to go.)

I've had drip, French press, and we have a fully automatic Jura-Capresso Impressa ENA 3 at the office (that we got at Costco so we got a good deal at something like $600-$700). My favorite is the Barista/Saeco.

Why don't you stop by and I'll make you a cup?

No comments: