Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Countdown

Santa's been here and, boy, did he leave a mess. I thought the presents would come wrapped. Maybe, because we're so far west, he just got tired and dropped off whatever was left at the bottom of the bag. I've got a heap of presents, paper, bows, and tape strewn all over my dining room table. I've got two plates of cookies - very nice - but there are dirty pots and pans throughout the kitchen. I thought they did all this at the North Pole!

Four hours until company arrives and I still have to put dinner together. I'd like to get a load of laundry started but there are boxes of decorations and wrapping paper stacked so high in the laundry room that I'd have to clean that up first before I could get anywhere near the washing machine.

The stockings are hung - with care, of course - but they still need to be filled. What happened? Are the elves on strike? Was there some dispute en route? Was my chimney not clean enough?

I just hope the reindeer didn't leave a mess on the roof because I don't have time for this.

Three-and-a-half hours left to get ready. Better get a move on.

No comments: