Sunday, February 14, 2010

Jean Therapy

I recently sent a pair of jeans to therapy. They came back feeling (and looking) much better and we have been able to continue our relationship because of it.

What I'm wondering is if I really meant gene therapy. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my genes. I got my looks from my mom and my sense of humor from my dad. (I'll never be as smart as either one of them but there's still time....) However, I think I'm missing the procreation gene. Not that I really want it, let there be no mistake. I like the little guys, I just don't want to have one (as in, for keeps). Besides, having children in your late forties may be chic for celebrities, but it's definitely not for me.

I have nine cousins, taking into account both sides of my family and none of us have kids. None. of. us. Genetic or coincidental? I'm also the only one who's married. Okay, to be fair, I'm also the oldest so it wouldn't be unusual for me to be the first to get married, have kids, and now have a grandkid. (There are "steps" in front of those, btw. Not mine.) And there's almost 25 years in age between me and the youngest cousin so that could all change - as long as we really did get the procreation gene somewhere along the line.

Maybe it skips a generation.

No comments: