Sunday, October 31, 2010
Friday, October 29, 2010
- Angry Birds
- My Very First App
I received a coupon for Hearty Sausage Crumbles which look pretty disgusting. They actually look better on the Jimmy Dean website than they do in the coupon. In the promo I received, the product looks disturbingly like dog food. In fact, I thought it was dog food until I read the copy.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
- I'd like to post here more often. Does thinking about it count?
- I'm thinking of changing the Home tab to "What's Doin'" and adding a "What's Sayin'" page. (Or, "Cheap Talk" or "Who Cares?") The general idea of the new page is to see if I can spike my ratings from two to maybe four by mentioning Brangelina as often as possible.
- NaNoWriMo is around the corner so I'm thinking about story ideas and how to write 50,000 words in a month.
- I want to add a Comments area to my Photos page and any others I might add.
- Thinking about adding a Story Ideas page. I have two cooking right now and another I'm saving, maybe, for November. A story I started earlier entitled "Now & Then" (mostly because I like the title) has fizzled out for the time being. I've started another and am trying to write 1,000 words per day - which for the three days I've been writing, I've managed to do. This is what I usually do during nap time which is the current time here so that's what I'm supposed to be doing right now.
There's only an hour left of nap time and 1,000 words to write. Probably should get on that....
And I would, too, except my computer seems to be napping, too.... I think my nephew has hijacked my router so I can't even write! (Keeping my Work in Progress in Google Docs for the time being.) I guess it's pen and paper for me today which is cool. I like retro.
Friday, October 15, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
But some establishments have a restroom where only one person goes at a time. It's these types that confound me .
I would think it would occur to someone that, generally speaking, a woman is rarely empty handed. If not a simple phone, she carries a purse. Sometimes, shopping bags, or even a diaper bag in one arm and a baby in the other. Does it not occur to the architect that she will need to put these items down? I don't know how you guys do it, but functions performed in this location will require the use of her hands, is that not correct?
A hook on the door, at the very least, would be appreciated as one DOES NOT want to put one's ANYTHING on the floor of a public toilet. Please. What really galls me is the coffee shop, of all places, that locks its restroom door to all but its customers. One must ask for a key for the privilege of recycling the shoppe's wares which, it turns out, THEY KEEP ON A HOOK. Only to find there is no similar accoutrement in the bathroom for same said key. Is this not irony at its finest?
Maybe I should invent the Universal Over-The-Door Purse Hook for situations like these. Or a portable luggage rack of sorts. For the Super Woman in you, there's the Crossbow Launched Grapnel Hook one can shoot into the ceiling of the restroom or restaurant - or wherever one likes - to affix a pulley to hoist one's necessary Day Luggage.
Perhaps I'm getting carried away.
Maybe Depends. Maybe that's the way to go.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
When your system's acting flaky and you're trying to figure out what's going on, the Reliability Monitor may help.I can't wait to see what Number 5 is.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Naturally, I need to wash my hands before I can remedy the situation only to find out the soap is in need of refilling....
Friday, October 1, 2010
The problem is it's the time of year when convertibles are hard to sell. The weather is cooler and we are seeing less sunshine and more rain. But it's also the time of year that is still peppered with occasional sunny days, reminders of the Summer we didn't get this year. Either way, it's not been easy to let go of my Z.
Today is one of those sunny Fall days. So I dropped the top and drove amid the smell of newly fallen leaves, and the drone of leaf blowers as I passed landscaper after landscaper on my way to work. My Z is fun to drive. Not fast, she's nimble and quick, and makes me want to put both hands in the air as if I'm riding a roller coaster, just for the fun of it. And I would, too, except the drivers behind me get nervous when I do that.
All that, and Elton John was on the radio singing, "Don't let sun go down on me..." Doesn't get much better than that.