Thursday, October 19, 2017

No Rush

I'm sitting in bed, drinking coffee, and waiting for the sun to come up. Doesn't get much better than that.

I'm drinking a chilled coffee and don't have a coaster. Was too lazy to get up and find one so used an
Laziness at its finest.
open drawer instead. Figured there'd be little harm in that.

The flight to Honolulu was about five hours. A little bumpy but mostly uneventful. We flew on Hawaiian Airlines which is one of the only airlines left - if not the only - that still serves a complimentary meal to all its nearly 300 passengers. First class passengers got something else but the rest of us got a breakfast sandwich, preheated in a sealed plastic wrapper. Dated 7/31/17. Yum.

Once in Honolulu, we had about 90 minutes to kill before our next flight so we sought out some local craft beer at an airport bar. Sammy's Beach Bar & Grill offered selections from Maui Brewing, Kona Brewing, and Aloha Beer. We were headed to Maui so we opted for beers from Aloha, which is in Oahu, and Kona which is from the Big Island but with production facilities in several cities on the Mainland, including Portland, Oregon.

As the bartender was preparing our drinks, he gave our glasses the customary glass rinse only the star sink malfunctioned. After our beers had been drawn, he accidentally set one edge of a glass on the glass rinser which activated a spray of water into the air in all directions. Even after moving the glass, the water continued to threaten nearby bar patrons. I wasn't even sitting at the bar but it narrowly missed me, my phone, and my boarding pass.

We selected a different table further away while the bar staff got the flood under control. We finished our beers, made our flight, and eventually found our way to our destination. I'm just glad I didn't have to finish our trek in a soaking wet silk blouse.

The sun is up and my cup is empty. Outdoor temperature is 77F. Guess it's time to get my butt out of bed.

Nah....

No comments: