Thursday, February 4, 2016

Geek Heaven

Have you made your Pi Day plans yet? That's okay, you still have time. It's a little more than five weeks away - March 12.

You could think about signing up for this: The West Coast KenKen Tournament At Pacific Science Center. Registration is limited to the first 200 people to sign up so you better hurry. There's at least one signed up already.

That's right. I registered.

My best time for a 9x9 is something like 15 minutes. They usually take an hour, although, frequently, I can get it under 30 minutes. Don't know what I'm talking about? KenKen is a puzzle that's often included in the newspaper somewhere near the crossword puzzle.

Don't know what a newspaper is? You can play it online here or download it to your mobile device here.

The tournament is usually held in December. In New York. At the Chappaqua Public Library. It's on my calendar every year but I never go. But, now, it's coming to me. If you want to see what a KenKen tournament looks like, you can watch a suspenseful short movie about the first KenKen Puzzle Tournament here.

Kind of makes you want to go, right? I just printed out some practice puzzles. I'm super excited.

Hubby wants to know if there are cheerleaders. I'm thinking there should be. T-shirts, signs, cheers. Oh, yeah, baby! I can't wait!

No comments: