Thursday, June 11, 2015

You Don't Say

I recently decided to read the materials that get included with a prescription refill and learned the drug I was taking should only be taken for a short while. 90 days max.

I've been taking it for years.

When I need more, I just log on to my healthcare website and order some. When I've run through a 90 day supply, the system automatically resets so I can order more without a doctor visit.

God Bless America.

The medicine is available at Costco without a prescriptions so I never thought anything of it. But now I do.

The drug doesn't cost much (less than $10 per refill) and I'm not taking it for a serious condition. But that's not the point. It irks me. That my doctor would allow this to go on for as long as it has. That I didn't take note of it earlier. That the system feels rigged.

This is just for some minor, overprescribed drug. Or so I thought. It falls under the category of Number 3 of the most prescribed medications in America.

Time to do something different.

No comments: