Saturday, July 27, 2013

Studies Show Bacon Might Not Make Everything Better

I find that when I need to make bacon it makes sense to cook up the whole package. No need to make a mess twice; cook it all up and freeze what you don't need immediately for a future use. Especially, on a boat. Making bacon on a boat is a bad idea.

I've had three-quarters of a pound of bacon in the freezer on my boat for several months. Don't ask me why we didn't eat it. What would prevent me? Really, I couldn't tell you. But what I can tell you is this: Bacon + freezer = bacon flavored ice.

I can imagine that bacon would enhance the flavor Coca-Cola. Or Root Beer, even. And you can be sure there's a bartender out there somewhere who's already invented a bacon-infused something or other.

But bacon and Jack?

It's interesting.

No comments: