Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wishes

My favorite time of day is second thing in the morning because the first thing is getting out of bed. If I could do the second thing before the first thing, that would be okay with me.

My favorite time of day - after I've gotten out of bed and after I've made my coffee - is when I drink languorously of my coffee and read of a good book. As I have other things to do, this time is limited to the time it takes for me to drink my coffee so I make the biggest one I can and drink it as slowly as possible.

It's almost as good as being in bed. The only better thing would be to do this in bed but then nothing would ever get done.

The last good book I read was Follow the River by James Alexander Thom. I have a gift certificate for a new book burning a hole in my pocket (and now the power with which to redeem it) and there are so many choices. What shall I pick?

The good news is, with the power of shiny electronic things, I can complete this transaction entirely from bed. (I have a secret plan to move my office there. If I were a super villain  I would run my empire in flannel jammies from under a fluffy duvet. Doesn't quite seem menacing enough, does it?)

I look forward to a New Year of good reading. And if I can't do it in bed, can we discuss Hawaii?

No comments: