Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Domestic Tip Of The Day

Cook all your bacon. I don't buy it very often because it makes a mess to cook it but I love the stuff. If I buy a package, I cook the whole thing and then wrap any not immediately consumed into serving sized packages and freeze. Then, I have it available to chop into eggs, salads, soups, or sandwiches.

I made use of that nifty trick when I made this:

Bacon and Butternut PastaPhoto: Johnny Autry; Styling: Mary Clayton CarlRecipe can be found at Cooking Light.
I also had the kale and butternut squash on hand because a few nights earlier, I made this:
Tuscan Kale, White Bean, and Ciabatta SoupPhoto: Yunhee Kim; Styling: Robyn ValarikRecipe from Sunset Magazine.
The butternut squash wasn't called for in the recipe but I thought it sounded good. Plus, I added some Italian sausage. I omitted the anchovy and served bread on the side rather than in the soup. It turned out pretty well and I'm happy to have leftovers from both meals.
Eat well!

No comments: