Thursday, April 15, 2010

What was the last klutzy thing you did in public?

This Question was posed by my friend on One Question A Day:
What was the last klutzy thing you did in public and how did it make you feel?
Uh, klutzy?

I have no doubt this was not the last klutzy thing I've done as I'm pretty much a goofball all of the time and quite enjoy it. But this is the very first (and maybe the most) klutzy thing I thought of. (People who know me will know doubt have other suggestions.)

Hubby and I were on our way home from a ski trip. It was just the two of us and we traveled a lot back then. We always had the same routine when we arrived at an airport. I would wait for the bags to come off the luggage carousel, and he'd fetch the car.

I thought I was pretty tough back then, too. Strong, independent (roar). So it didn't matter if we had two sets of golf clubs or two sets of skis. I'd get all the bags and hang whatever they were over my shoulders and prove how powerful I was by getting them to the curb on my own. (Wow! Strong and sexy!)

This trip was no exception. I retrieved our bags including ski boots and skis - one pair of which were Volants which ride like Cadillacs on the snow and are about as heavy. Just as I emerged from the airport the laces on one of the high-topped boots I was wearing looped in the hooks of the other boot. I didn't know what happened. All I was aware of was the sidewalk rapidly approaching my face.

Down I went, kit and caboodle, with no way to stop, reverse, compensate, or correct. Right on the Arrivals sidewalk of Sea-Tac airport.

Welcome home.

Plenty of witnesses. No injuries. Hubby missed the whole thing. (Still thinks I'm strong and sexy!)

No comments: