Monday, March 22, 2010

Women Will Do Anything In The Name Of Beauty

...so says my husband whilst I was applying avocado to my face.

Before that, I had applied an oatmeal scrub (which included honey and egg white) but I managed to apply and remove it without his seeing which is the real key to the beauty thing. The men aren't supposed to know. They're supposed to think it's all natural.

I also prepared a lip scrub/mask of sugar and honey which not only made my lips soft but very sweet. It was hard not to lick it off while it was doing it's thing, whatever that was.

It's recycling (or composting) at a whole new level.

But I didn't just wear my food, I ate a little as well. Last night's dinner was Corned Beef Hash. I found the recipe in my copy of Joy of Cooking. I couldn't find the recipe online but I found the one for Turkey Hash which I made from the leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. (I made this last December, in case you were wondering.) Hash is the best thing to happen to leftover meat.

The corned beef was leftover from an Ale-Braised Corned Beef recipe from Real Simple. Maybe not the tastiest preparations ever, but certainly one of the simplest.

So, I'm well fed, soft, and tasty. Not bad for a Monday, eh?

No comments: